Updated: August 16, 2020
Funding your courses can be a difficult, especially if you come from a place where it is very difficult to gather the resources to pay for the courses. Coursera offers financial aid for their courses and specializations and you can apply for financial aid and educate yourself for free on Coursera and gain verified certificates.
In order to qualify for financial aid at Coursera, you must prove that paying the cost of the course would be economically difficult for you.
- You have to prove that the course will be of great value to your education and career.
- You have to be willing to contribute positively to the community of the course.
- You have a high standard of academic integrity.
Now, that you know the requirements for applying to Coursera courses here is a step by step guide on how to apply for financial aid on Coursera.
- Explain who you are such as your educational background, age, and occupation.
- Explain why you don’t have the funds to pay for the course. Is it because you’re paying off a car? House? Is it because you only work part-time?
- Explain your background and how you came about finding the course you’re trying to apply for.
For the prompt “How will taking this course achieve your goals?” you can answer the – following:
- Start off by explaining what your goals are. Is your goal to get a pay raise? Switch careers? Become well-rounded? Educate yourself with other opportunities?
- Was this a course recommended by a friend or colleage?
- What will you do once you finish this course? Will you enroll in more courses? Find a project to apply your newly learned skills?
Once you’ve answered these questions, click on the submit button and you’re all set! You just applied for financial aid in Coursera!
Have any issues or comments? Let us know in the comments section!